China is a leading global manufacturer of lithium batteries and there are many options for companies looking for a lithium battery manufacturer in the country. The following is a guide to help you find the right lithium battery manufacturer in China for your business needs.
A lithium battery is a type of rechargeable battery that uses lithium ions as the main source of power. These batteries are lightweight and have a high energy density, making them ideal for use in portable electronic devices such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
They are also used in electric vehicles and other applications where a high-capacity, long-lasting power source is needed.
The cathode of a lithium battery is typically made of lithium cobalt oxide or lithium iron phosphate, while the anode is made of carbon.
Lithium batteries are considered to be one of the most promising technologies for storing electrical energy because of their high energy density, low weight, and long lifespan.
2. Lithium Battery Market Trends
The lithium battery market has grown significantly in recent years due to the increasing demand for portable electronic devices and the shift toward electric vehicles.
The market is expected to continue growing in the coming years due to the increasing adoption of renewable energy sources and the need for energy storage solutions.
The market is also being driven by the increasing demand for high-capacity batteries in the telecommunications and power tools industries.
In addition, the development of new lithium battery technologies, such as solid-state batteries, is expected to drive further market growth.
3. Why Lithium Battery
Lithium batteries have several advantages over other types of batteries:
1. High energy density: Lithium batteries have a high energy density, which means that they can store a lot of energy in a small amount of space. This makes them ideal for use in portable electronic devices and electric vehicles, where space is at a premium.
2. Lightweight: Lithium batteries are much lighter than other types of batteries, making them ideal for use in applications where weight is a concern.
3. Long lifespan: Lithium batteries have a longer lifespan than many other types of batteries, making them a good choice for applications where the battery needs to last for a long time.
4. Low self-discharge rate: Lithium batteries have a low self-discharge rate, which means that they lose charge slowly when not in use. This makes them ideal for use in devices that are not used frequently.
5. Wide operating temperature range: Lithium batteries can operate over a wide temperature range, making them suitable for use in a variety of environments.
4. Types Of Lithium Batteries
4.1 3v lithium batteries are small, lightweight batteries that are commonly used in portable electronic devices such as watches and calculators.
6v lithium batteries are used in a variety of applications, including security systems, smoke detectors, and remote control devices.
9v lithium batteries are commonly used in smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and other devices that require a long-lasting, reliable power source.
12v lithium batteries are used in a variety of applications, including electric scooters, electric bicycles, and recreational vehicles.
20v lithium batteries are used in power tools, such as cordless drill drivers, saws, and impact drivers.
24v lithium batteries are used in electric scooters, electric bicycles, and other electric vehicles.
36v lithium batteries are used in electric scooters, electric bicycles, and other electric vehicles.
40v lithium batteries are used in power tools, such as cordless lawnmowers, hedge trimmers, and leaf blowers.
48v lithium batteries are used in electric scooters, electric bicycles, and other electric vehicles.
60v lithium batteries are used in power tools, such as cordless chain saws and leaf blowers.
72v lithium batteries are used in electric scooters, electric bicycles, and other electric vehicles.
4.2 Lithium polymer batteries are a type of lithium-ion battery that uses a polymer electrolyte instead of a liquid electrolyte. They are flexible and can be made in a variety of shapes, making them ideal for use in portable electronic devices and other applications where a flexible battery is needed.
Lithium iron phosphate batteries are a type of lithium-ion battery that uses lithium iron phosphate as the cathode material. They have a long lifespan and are stable at high temperatures, making them suitable for use in electric vehicles and other high-performance applications.
Lithium metal batteries are a type of primary battery that uses lithium metal as the anode. They are highly reactive and can produce a large amount of energy, making them ideal for use in high-energy-density applications such as missiles and pacemakers.
Lithium titanate batteries are a type of lithium-ion battery that uses lithium titanate as the anode material. They have a high charge and discharge rate and are stable at high temperatures, making them suitable for use in electric vehicles and other high-performance applications.
Lithium-sulfur batteries are a type of lithium-ion battery that uses lithium-sulfur as the cathode material. They have a high energy density and are stable at high temperatures, making them suitable for use in electric vehicles and other high-performance applications.
Lithium cobalt oxide batteries are a type of lithium-ion battery that uses lithium cobalt oxide as the cathode material. They have a high energy density and are commonly used in portable electronic devices and electric vehicles.
Lithium thionyl chloride batteries are a type of primary battery that uses lithium thionyl chloride as the electrolyte. They have a very high energy density and are commonly used in remote control devices, security systems, and other applications where a long-lasting, reliable power source is needed.
Lithium ceramic batteries are a type of lithium-ion battery that uses a ceramic electrolyte instead of a liquid electrolyte. They are stable at high temperatures and have a high energy density, making them suitable for use in high-performance applications such as electric vehicles..
5. Where Are Lithium Batteries Used
Lithium batteries are used in a wide variety of applications due to their high energy density, lightweight, and long lifespan. Some common uses of lithium batteries include:
Laptops: Laptops often use lithium-ion batteries because they are lightweight and have a high energy density, making them ideal for use in portable electronic devices.
iPhones: Many smartphones, including the iPhone, use lithium-ion batteries to provide a long-lasting power source for the device.
Lithium car batteries: Some electric and hybrid vehicles use lithium-ion batteries to power the vehicle. These batteries have a high energy density and are capable of storing a large amount of electrical energy, making them ideal for use in electric vehicles.
Lithium motorcycle batteries: Some motorcycles use lithium-ion batteries as lightweight and high-capacity power sources.
Lithium solar batteries: Solar panels often use lithium-ion batteries to store the electrical energy they generate. These batteries are able to store a large amount of energy and are able to discharge that energy slowly over time, making them ideal for use in renewable energy systems.
Lithium RV batteries: Recreational vehicles such as RVs often use lithium-ion batteries as lightweight and high-capacity power sources.
Lithium marine batteries: Some boats and other marine vessels use lithium-ion batteries as lightweight and high-capacity power sources.
Lithium golf cart batteries: Some golf carts use lithium-ion batteries as lightweight and high-capacity power sources.
Lithium camping batteries: Portable generators and other camping equipment often use lithium-ion batteries as lightweight and high-capacity power sources.
Lithium bike batteries: Some electric bicycles use lithium-ion batteries as lightweight and high-capacity power sources.
Lithium ATV batteries: Some all-terrain vehicles use lithium-ion batteries as a lightweight and high-capacity power source.
Lithium button batteries: Small electronic devices such as watches, calculators, and remote control devices often use lithium button batteries as lightweight and long-lasting power sources.
6. Lithium Battery Brands
Here is a list of some popular lithium battery brands and suppliers:
Panasonic lithium batteries: Panasonic is a leading manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries and supplies batteries for a variety of applications, including laptops, smartphones, and electric vehicles.
BYD lithium batteries: BYD is a Chinese company that is a leading manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles and other applications.
Tesla lithium battery: Tesla uses lithium-ion batteries in their electric vehicles and also supplies batteries for use in stationary energy storage systems.
LG Chem lithium ion battery: LG Chem is a South Korean company that is a leading manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles and other applications.
Sony lithium battery: Sony is a Japanese company that manufactures a variety of lithium-ion batteries for use in portable electronic devices and other applications.
Samsung lithium battery: Samsung is a South Korean company that manufactures a variety of lithium-ion batteries for use in portable electronic devices and other applications.
Apple lithium ion battery: Apple uses lithium-ion batteries in their smartphones and other portable electronic devices.
Amara Raja Batteries lithium ion: Amara Raja Batteries is an Indian company that manufactures lithium-ion batteries for a variety of applications, including electric vehicles, renewable energy storage systems, and industrial applications..
7. How Lithium Battery Works?
Lithium batteries work by using lithium ions to store electrical energy. When the battery is discharged, the lithium ions move from the cathode to the anode, creating a flow of electrons and generating electrical energy. When the battery is charged, the process is reversed and the lithium ions move back to the cathode, storing electrical energy in the process.
The cathode of a lithium battery is typically made of lithium cobalt oxide or lithium iron phosphate, while the anode is made of carbon. The cathode and anode are separated by an electrolyte, which allows the lithium ions to move between the two electrodes. When the battery is discharged, the lithium ions move through the electrolyte to the anode, releasing electrons in the process. When the battery is charged, the lithium ions move back to the cathode, absorbing electrons and storing electrical energy.
Lithium batteries are rechargeable, which means that they can be used multiple times before they need to be replaced. They are considered to be one of the most promising technologies for storing electrical energy due to their high energy density, low weight, and long lifespan.
8. How Lithium Batteries Are Made?
The process of making lithium batteries involves several steps:
1. Preparation of the cathode and anode: The cathode and anode materials are prepared by mixing the active material with a conductive agent and a binding agent. The mixture is then pressed into a sheet or molded into the desired shape.
2. Assembly of the cells: The cathode and anode sheets are stacked together and separated by a separator, which is a thin, porous sheet that prevents the two electrodes from coming into contact. The cells are then sealed and the electrolyte is added.
3. Formation of the cells: The cells are charged and discharged several times in a process called formation to activate the materials and ensure that the cells are able to store and release electrical energy effectively.
4. Testing: The cells are tested to ensure that they meet the required specifications for capacity, voltage, and other performance criteria.
5. Packaging: The cells are packaged into battery packs or modules and shipped to the customer.
Lithium battery manufacturers use a variety of methods to produce the cathode and anode materials, including mixing, rolling, and calendaring. The specific process used will depend on the type of lithium battery being produced and the desired properties of the finished product.
9. Which Lithium Battery Is Best?
It is difficult to say which lithium battery is the best, as the optimal battery for a particular application will depend on the specific requirements of that application. Some factors to consider when selecting a lithium battery include the desired capacity, voltage, and operating temperature range. Other factors to consider include the cost, lifespan, and safety of the battery.
Lithium-ion batteries are generally considered to be the best choice for most applications due to their high energy density, low weight, and long lifespan. However, other types of lithium batteries, such as lithium polymer and lithium iron phosphate batteries, maybe a better fit for certain applications. It is important to carefully consider the specific needs of your application and choose the lithium battery that best meets those needs.
10. How Long Does Lithium Battery Last?
The lifespan of a lithium battery depends on several factors, including the type of battery, the quality of the battery, and the way the battery is used. In general, lithium-ion batteries have a lifespan of around 2 to 3 years, although some high-quality batteries may last longer. Lithium polymer batteries have a similar lifespan, while lithium primary batteries (such as lithium metal and lithium thionyl chloride batteries) can last much longer, with lifespans of up to 20 years or more.
The way a battery is used can also affect its lifespan. For example, a battery that is constantly discharged and recharged will have a shorter lifespan than a battery that is used more sparingly. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for battery usage to maximize the lifespan of the battery.
11. How do perfume companies check the quality of their products??
Here are some websites where you can buy lithium batteries:
1. Alibaba.com: Alibaba is a Chinese e-commerce platform that connects buyers with suppliers. It is a good place to find a wide variety of lithium batteries from manufacturers around the world.
2. Made-in-China.com: Made-in-China is a Chinese e-commerce platform that connects buyers with Chinese manufacturers. It is a good place to find lithium batteries from Chinese manufacturers.
3. Dhgate.com: DHgate is a Chinese e-commerce platform that connects buyers with Chinese manufacturers. It is a good place to find a wide variety of lithium batteries at competitive prices.
4. Globalsources.com: Global Sources is a B2B e-commerce platform that connects buyers with suppliers in Asia. It is a good place to find lithium batteries from manufacturers in China and other Asian countries.
5. Aliexpress.com: AliExpress is an e-commerce platform that connects buyers with suppliers around the world. It is a good place to find a wide variety of lithium batteries at competitive prices.
6. Chinabrands.com: ChinaBrands is a Chinese e-commerce platform that connects buyers with Chinese manufacturers. It is a good place to find lithium batteries from Chinese manufacturers at competitive prices.
7. Huntersourcing.com: HunterSourcing is a China sourcing agent that helps buyers find and purchase products from China. They can help you find and buy lithium batteries from Chinese manufacturers.
12. How To Custom Lithium Ion Battery?
If you want to custom a lithium-ion battery, here are some things to consider:
1. Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ): Many lithium battery factories have a minimum order quantity (MOQ) that you must meet in order to place a custom order. This is usually determined by the cost of producing the battery, as well as the factory’s production capacity. Be sure to check the MOQ with the factory before placing your order.
2. Custom case color/label/package: Many lithium battery factories offer customization options such as custom case colors, labels, and packaging. Be sure to discuss these options with the factory and provide any necessary artwork or design specifications.
3. LCD and Bluetooth optional: Some lithium batteries come with built-in LCD screens or Bluetooth connectivity, which can be useful for certain applications. Be sure to discuss your needs with the factory and see if these options are available for your custom battery.
4. Pre-heating: Some lithium batteries are designed to be used in low-temperature environments and come with built-in pre-heating functionality. If you need a battery that can be used in low temperatures, be sure to discuss this with the factory and see if they offer this option.
5. Series or parallel connection: Some lithium batteries can be connected in series or parallel to increase the capacity or voltage of the battery. If you need a battery with a specific capacity or voltage, be sure to discuss this with the factory and see if they offer this option.
13. How To Choose The Right Lithium Battery?
Here are some factors to consider when choosing the right lithium battery:
1. High efficiency: Choose a battery with a high-efficiency rating to ensure that it is able to deliver a high level of power with minimal energy loss.
2. High consistency: Choose a battery with a high consistency rating to ensure that it is able to deliver consistent performance over time.
3. Long cycle life: Choose a battery with a long cycle life to ensure that it is able to be used for a long time before it needs to be replaced.
4. Safety: Choose a battery that is made with safe materials and has built-in safety features such as thermal runaway protection.
5. Material design: Choose a battery that is designed in compliance with relevant standards such as IEC, EMC, UN38.3, and RoHS to ensure that it is safe and environmentally friendly.
6. Non-toxic and environmentally friendly: Choose a battery that is non-toxic and harmless to ensure that it does not pose a risk to people or the environment.
7. Thermal runaway protection: Choose a battery with built-in thermal runaway protection to prevent overheating and other safety hazards.
8. Integrated with PCB/BMS: Choose a battery that is integrated with a PCB (printed circuit board) or BMS (battery management system) for comprehensive protection and monitoring.
9. Battery application: Consider the specific application for the battery and choose a battery that is suitable for that application.
10. Battery charge rate: Consider the charge rate of the battery and choose a battery that is able to charge at the desired rate.
11. Battery life: Consider the expected lifespan of the battery and choose a battery that is able to meet those expectations.
12. Battery operating temperature: Consider the operating temperature range of the battery and choose a battery that is able to perform well within that range.
13. Attention to detail: Choose a battery from a reputable manufacturer that pays attention to detail.
14. How To Choose Reliable Lithium Battery Manufacturer In China
Here are some factors to consider when choosing a reliable lithium battery manufacturer in China:
Solution: Choose a manufacturer that offers a wide range of lithium battery solutions and has the expertise to meet your specific needs.
R&D: Choose a manufacturer that has a strong research and development team and is able to innovate and improve its products.
OEM&ODM: Choose a manufacturer that offers OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) services, as this indicates that they are able to customize their products to meet your specific needs.
The choice of materials: Choose a manufacturer that uses high-quality materials and has strict quality control measures in place to ensure that their products are of the highest quality.
The production process: Choose a manufacturer that has a modern and efficient production process and is able to produce high-quality products in a timely manner.
Technical service: Choose a manufacturer that offers technical support and assistance to help you troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Certificate: Choose a manufacturer that has the necessary certificates and certifications, such as ISO, MSDS, UN38.8, CE, and UL, to ensure that their products meet relevant safety and quality standards.
After-sales service: Choose a manufacturer that offers good after-sales service and is willing to stand behind their products. This will give you peace of mind and ensure that any issues that may arise are quickly addressed
15. Top 10 Lithium Ion Battery Manufacturers In China
Here are the top 10 lithium-ion battery manufacturers in China:
15.1 Huizhou JB Battery Technology Limited which was established in May 2008, is a China professional manufacturer of custom lithium battery packs and provides a wide range of battery types for customers.
Our products include PDA batteries, GPS batteries, mobile phone batteries, MP3/MP4 batteries, digital camera batteries, laptop batteries, emergency light batteries, and chargers, besides, we also provide various primary and rechargeable single cells.
We are one of the most comprehensive battery suppliers in China with the BEST quality, BEST service, and BEST price for customers, become the FIRST choice yours and help you STRONG in your own business, let’s CO-WIN!
15.2 Tianneng Holding Group is a large-scale industrial company dedicated to manufacturing environmentally friendly motive batteries for electric vehicles, integrating R&D, production, and sales of new energy vehicle lithium batteries, car stop-start batteries, wind, and solar energy storage batteries, as well as the construction of urban intelligent micro-grid construction and green intellectual industrial park as a whole.
Up to now, the company has built sixteen production bases in seven provinces of Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Anhui, Henan, Guizhou, Shandong, and Jiangxi, and has more than 100 subsidiaries.
It is the leading enterprise of the new energy power battery in China. Its comprehensive strength ranks among the global top 500 new energy enterprises, top 500 Chinese enterprises, top 500 Chinese private enterprises, and top 10 Chinese battery industry.
15.3 Guangdong Aokly Group Co., Ltd Established in 1996, Guangdong Aokly Group Co., Ltd is one of the largest production bases for lead acid and lithium batteries in south China, Yingde City, Guangdong province, with an area of 500acres, 13million KVA production capacity.
Aokly products are certified by the UN and CE， ISO9001, TS16949, ISO14001, ROHS, and IEC60095 testing, widely used in Automobile, Electric vehicles, Tourist cars, MarineEquipment, Aviation, Military, Railway, UPS, Telecom, Electric Power Systems, Solar Power System, Wind Power System, etc. Batteries have a good reputation in domestic and foreign markets.
Aokly Batteries is exported to Europe, the Middle East, Africa, South America, and Southeast Asia in areas around the world, and more than 50% of the sale is for overseas markets.
15.4 CATL is a global leader in new energy innovative technologies, committed to providing premier solutions and services for new energy applications worldwide. Yibin’s production base was certified as the world’s first zero-carbon battery factory. Rolled out its battery swap solution EVOGO features a modular battery swapping Launched CTP 3.0 battery “Qilin”. or by the further USA
15.5 KIJO Group Founded in 1993, KIJO Group is a professional battery manufacturer integrating science, industry, and trade. Over 30 million units of production capacity and an output value of more than 750 million USD.
The comprehensive strength of KIJO is the best in the industry, as a well-known AGM(Absorbent Glass Mat Battery), GEL, Deep Cycle, Lead Carbon, OPzV battery, OPzV battery, Lead Acid batteries, and Lithium batteries for all kinds of industrial applications like Solar System, UPS system, Telecom, Data Centers, Rail Transit, Motive Vehicles, etc.
With 3,000 employees and more than 400 middle and senior technical personnel, KIJO has strong technical strength and advanced equipment. Kijo has passed the ISO9001 quality system, ISO14000 environmental system certification, ISO16949 automotive industry system certification, and so on.
15.6 DNK power company Limited was founded in 2007, is a one-stop green and safe power solution company focused on the R&D, manufacturing, and marketing of lithium-ion polymer battery (lipo) and lithium-ion Battery (Li-Ion)
DNK POWER, ever since its establishment, is committed to providing Safe and Green power solutions for All our partners from home and abroad! Our lithium batteries are used in all kinds of electronic Devices, such as digital products, telecommunications products, medical devices, power tools, Wireless devices, LED lamps, notebooks, GPS products, CCTV Security, UPS power, solar power systems, Industry devices, E-bike, and scooters.
15.7 JYC Battery Manufacturer Co., Ltd is a professional and leading manufacturer of lead-acid batteries with 22 years of experience.
JYC has production bases both in China and Malaysia. Totaling 200,000 square meters of workshops, and 1500 highly-skilled employees.
JYC produces all series of lead-acid batteries, including the general series, deep cycle series, gel series, high rate series, OPzV and OPzS series, start-stop AGM/EFB car series, and more.
15.8 Ganfeng Lithium Group Co., Ltd. covers a wide swath of the lithium battery supply chain, from lithium resource development, refining, and processing to battery manufacturing to battery recycling.
it’s the Company’s products are widely used in electric vehicles, energy storage, 3C products, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
The Group’s lithium resources are located across the globe and it is the only Company in the lithium industry that has commercial-scale technologies to extract lithium from brine, ore, and recycled materials.
The Groups lithium compound capacity ranks third worldwide and first in China and is the world’s largest lithium metal producer. The Group has complete battery manufacturing and recycling technology, providing sustainable value-added solutions to battery manufacturers and electric vehicle manufacturers.
15.9 Fordeary Group is a professional lithium-ion battery manufacturer in China. We have more than 1500 employees and a 150 million square feet area of the workshop.
We provide battery system solutions for industrial and home usage. Our main products include power batteries for vehicles, energy storage batteries for solar energy, and battery cells. Our batteries can provide a high discharge rate.
We have an experienced engineering team to meet your requests. At present, the main application areas of our battery systems are electric forklift batteries, electric golf cart batteries, AGVs, and other electric vehicles.
15.10 DEFORD New Power Co., Ltd is dedicated to designing and manufacturing advanced Lithium-Ion battery systems for clients, delivering an optimal user experience at the heart of our business.
We are experienced in RV batteries, marine batteries, golf cart batteries, utility vehicle batteries, electric riding lawn mower batteries, electric motorcycle batteries, pedelec batteries, AGV batteries, AMR batteries, floor scrubber batteries, aerial work platform batteries, no-idle air conditioning unit battery.
DEFORD believes Lithium-Ion battery is beneficial to reduce carbon emissions and curb global warming, and we help our clients to achieve this goal.
16. Lithium Battery FAQ
16.1 Lithium metal batteries, including lithium-ion batteries with a lithium metal content of more than 2 grams, are not allowed on airplanes in carry-on or checked luggage. This is because lithium metal batteries can overheat and catch fire, posing a risk to passengers and crew.
16.2 Lithium-ion batteries are generally safe and reliable, but they can catch fire if they are damaged or faulty. According to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, there were an average of 25 reports of lithium-ion battery fires or explosions per year between 2014 and 2016.
16.3 Lithium batteries can be recycled by separating the lithium-ion cells from the plastic and metal components. The cells are then crushed and heated to extract the lithium, which can be reused in new batteries.
16.4 Lithium batteries should be stored in a cool, dry place and away from flammable materials. It is also recommended to store them at a partial charge (around 40-50%) to extend their lifespan.
16.5 Lithium batteries should be charged when they are at or below a certain level of discharge, known as the “cut-off voltage.” This varies depending on the type of battery, but a common cut-off voltage for lithium-ion batteries is around 3.0-3.2 volts per cell.
16.6 The safest lithium batteries are those that have undergone strict quality control and testing to ensure they meet relevant safety standards. It is important to choose a reputable manufacturer and ensure that the battery has the necessary certifications, such as ISO, MSDS, UN38.8, CE, and UL.
17. Why Choose Huntersourcing As Your Lithium Battery Sourcing Agent?
If you are looking for a reliable and experienced sourcing agent to help you find the best lithium battery manufacturers in China, then Huntersourcing may be the right choice for you.
With over 10 years of experience in the industry, we have established strong relationships with a wide range of lithium battery manufacturers, allowing us to offer a variety of options to meet your specific needs.
Our team of experts provides a range of consulting services, including market research, product research, supply chain management, factory audits, design and development, sample preparation, price negotiation, quality control, and shipping and logistics.
We can also assist with customs clearance to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience.
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you find the best lithium battery manufacturer in China, please don’t hesitate to contact us.